Sunday, November 22, 2009

Employment

Guess what? Chip and I both have jobs! Praise the Lord!! This is a huge weight lifted off of our shoulders, especially in this economy (I'm so sick of that phrase, it's so cliche but true). I will be part of Teach For America's 2010 Nashville teaching core and I will be teaching secondary english (the subject not the language) to either middle schoolers or high schoolers for Metro Nashville Public Schools. I am absolutely THRILLED about this and cannot wait! Of course, that doesn't all start until next fall- except for the Summer Institute June 5-July 11. In the mean time I will be babysitting baby Charlotte- who many of you hear me talk about on a daily basis, and baby Alex. This cutie-patootie is Charlotte.
Chip graduates from UT December 13 and starts working for a great company in Nashville December 15! We are so blessed to have a God that provides for us so well. However, part of me can't help but feel bad because I know there are so many families out there struggling right now. I have to remind myself that God places everyone in every situation for a reason, that His timing is perfect, and the greatest thing that Chip and I can do for these families is pray without ceasing for them and remind them they are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment