Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Exhausted

In one word I am: exhausted. Monday through Friday I am working, or at school, most days both. This is from 8-5. Then I come home. Do homework, lots and lots of homework. Then I try and work on last minute wedding details (did you know there are a TRILLION?) Oh yes, then I try and find time to spend quality time with my fiance. And the only thing that repeatedly runs through my mind is "is it over yet????"

I am SO grateful to have my parents pay for the wedding, which will be utterly fabulous. I am SO thankful for our wedding party and for our sweet friends. I am SO thankful that it will all be over in 31 days. Why? Because then I can sleep. Seriously, I wake up in the morning begging for just 5 more minutes or think "what would really be so bad about just sleeping in today?" Let me tell you. I have families depending on me. I have adorable kids that I babysit for who quite frankly, I need far more than they need me. I cannot tell you how many times Charlotte has completely turned by day around just by saying "hold you Kati?" I have classes that I have to pass so I can graduate in May (and all of you know that when I say pass, I mean make an A in, because that is just how I am wired). I have a family of my own to love and to soak up every single minute with because they are my favorite people in the world. I have a bajillion things on my plate and the more I think about it the more I realize I have been taking all of them for granted.

So truly, I am grateful. So grateful. I just can't wait to sleep. And to not be engaged anymore. And to be Kati Wooten. And to drink a margarita in Mexico while snacking on some chips and salsa. I can hear the ocean waves now...

No comments:

Post a Comment